Healthy People by 2020
Do you support HP2020? HP2020 is an initiative to improve the health for all Americans by 2020.
Here is HP2020's mission statement and goals taken from http://healthypeople.gov/2020/about/default.aspx :
A society in which all people live long, healthy lives.
Healthy People 2020 strives to:
- Identify nationwide health improvement priorities.
- Increase public awareness and understanding of the determinants of health, disease, and disability and the opportunities for progress.
- Provide measurable objectives and goals that are applicable at the national, State, and local levels.
- Engage multiple sectors to take actions to strengthen policies and improve practices that are driven by the best available evidence and knowledge.
- Identify critical research, evaluation, and data collection needs.
- Attain high-quality, longer lives free of preventable disease, disability, injury, and premature death.
- Achieve health equity, eliminate disparities, and improve the health of all groups.
- Create social and physical environments that promote good health for all.
- Promote quality of life, healthy development, and healthy behaviors across all life stages.
Four foundation health measures will serve as an indicator of progress towards achieving these goals:
About National Medical Systems:
National Medical Systems is a provider of occupational health services and solutions. NMS specializes in managing, developing, and implementing occupational health services including employee physicals, drug and alcohol tests, OSHA Medical Surveillance, and Maritime Medical Surveillance. The company was founded in 1994 and is located in Hamilton, NJ. For more information visit our website,www.nmshealth.com